Hello and welcome to this week's Crystal Media TV! In this episode I'm asking you to focus on three things this weekend, even though it's going to be a very busy and potentially crazy time for you.
But if you focus on building these three things, you'll set yourself up for success for the rest of the year, and for 2015.
Like mentioned in the video, focus on these three areas:
1. Build your database - email addresses and/or phone numbers
- Ask people at the register
- Have signage throughout the store
- Give them the ability to text to opt in
- Even at the very least have paper forms that you can enter into your system later
- Tell them WHY they should join and WHAT they will receive
You're doing your customer a disservice by not asking them to join, so make sure everyone on staff is asking and that it is easy for the customer to join your list or text marketing program.
2. Build your following on social media
- Create in-store signage that displays QR Codes to all your profiles
- Ask people to follow you
- Use your window space too with signage about social media outlets
- Talk about a consistent campaign you run on social media - for example: 'Every Tuesday we host a giveaway on our Instagram account. Follow us, we're @username.'
3. Build online exposure
- Ask people to check-in to your store on the Facebook or Foursquare mobile application
- Create signage asking people to take pictures in-store and tag your social media profiles
- Take pictures of customers shopping together and ask them to post
- Ask people to share your social media posts about shopping local and about your store
The team at Crystal Media is wishing you a VERY successful and wonderful holiday weekend. Make sure you open next weeks email to learn about our very special Cyber Monday offer.
To the future,