Labor Day is this coming Monday so if you're going to be open (which you should be!) here's a few tips to leverage this holiday.
- Post on your Facebook page, send a tweet, send an email, post on G+, etc., that you'll be open and what your hours will be.
- Have something special going on that day like a chance to enter to win merchandise or a gift certificate by entering your email address - only offer in-store to create foot traffic. Or, give away Labor Day weekend essentials like bottled water, sunscreen, snacks, fun toys for the kids to keep them busy, music, gas gift cards, etc.
- Send an email on Friday sharing you'll be open all weekend and share any Labor Day sales or events you'll be hosting.
- Offer a special Labor Day check-in deal "Check into our store this Labor Day weekend to receive $15 off your order!"
- If you are doing a sale and/or event this holiday weekend, make sure you take and post pictures to Facebook and other social media outlets your store is on (including your blog, if you have a blog).